Veterinary Service with Courtesy & Respect!
When you arrive at Ashbridges Bay Animal Hospital, you can expect quality care for your pet. There are a number of things that happen even before you arrive to make your visit successful, and a positive experience for you and your pet – no matter the reason for your visit.
Preparing for the visit. The calmer the approach, the better the experience for everyone. Our staff will want to know not only any medical concerns, but to know if there are any FAS (Fear, Anxiety, Stress) concerns. We have plenty of techniques we can offer you for travel to the clinic to make that a better experience. We will ask you questions, and assess your pets behaviour upon arrival and throughout the visit to address and calm any anxieties.
We will do our best to make sure you are brought into an examination room as soon as we have one available.
Our goal is to make sure all of our patients are seen on time, but there will be times the occasional unexpected delay due to an emergency or because we are providing care for a patient that needs a little more time. Please accept our apologies should this occur, and understand that the same dedication and courtesy will be provided to your pet should they ever need it.
Here’s what to expect during your visit:
- When you arrive, we will weigh your pet and introduce you into one of our consultation rooms as soon as we can.
- A veterinarian will then meet you, gather basic information about your pet’s health, examine your pet, talk about any questions or concerns you may have and plan further diagnostics or treatment as needed.
- Any recommended diagnostics tests (i.e. blood work) and treatments are usually performed in one of our treatment rooms.
- When the veterinary consultation is complete, you’ll go back to our front reception area where your billing and future appointment bookings will be handled.
- Depending on the reason for your visit, you may expect a follow-up to get an update on how your pet has been doing since their visit. If you have any concerns, talk to us about them.
We hope you enjoy your visit and the service we provide, and we would be delighted to see you again.
1392 Gerrard St E
Telephone: (416) 915-7387